From Calendar: NCSY Events
Location: Miami Beach, Florida
From: January 27, 2013 at 12:00am to: 12:00pm
1. What is Team Yachad?
Team Yachad will be “running hand in hand” across the finish line at the ING Miami Marathon and Half Marathon. Yachad/National Jewish Council for Disabilities (NJCD) is dedicated to addressing the needs of all individuals with disabilities and including them in the Jewish community. All monies raised will go directly to help those with disabilities attend many of our famous Shabbatonim, summer programs and an array of other inclusive activities.
2. What is the ING Miami Marathon and Half Marathon?
The ING Miami Marathon and Half Marathon will take place on Sunday January 27, 2013. For more information on the course, or for any information related to the marathon itself, please visit the ING website: www.ingmiamimarathon.com.
3. What does the Team Yachad marathon weekend consist of?
Once you reach your fundraising minimum of $3,000, Team Yachad provides:
- Roundtrip airfare to Miami (if applicable)
- Local transportation in Miami
- Hotel accommodations
- Incredible weekend at the Marco Polo Beach Resort
- Guaranteed race admission and registration
- Famous Pre-Race Pasta Party
- Awesome Post-Race BBQ
- Personalized training regimen created by our very own Coaches: Jaz, Melissa and Yoav
- Great Team Yachad gear
- An unforgettable experience
4. What do I have to do to be part of Team Yachad?
Simply register! Your $75 registration fee is a tax deductible, non- refundable donation to Yachad/NJCD. The registration fee will be applied towards your minimum fundraising commitment.
As a member of Team Yachad, you will be responsible to raise a minimum of $3,000. Every runner is required to raise half of the committed funds by January 1, 2013 and to submit all of the funds by February 28, 2013.
5. I never run. Will I be able to finish a half or full marathon?
Absolutely! It will take some hard work and training, but many of our runners are first timers and every Team Yachad member has completed their race. To date all 242 Team Yachad runners have successfully crossed the finish line. Whether you are a first time runner or an experienced one, we will create a personalized training regimen that will have you ready to complete either the half or full marathon. Coach Jaz and her team will be there for you throughout the coming months to assist you in every way possible making sure that you cross the finish line.
6. I am concerned that I might not be able to raise the required funds. Will I be able to do it?
Even if you’ve never raised money before, our materials and strategies will make it easy for you to solicit and collect pledges and donations from friends, family, colleagues, neighbors, and others. Experience has shown that it is not only possible, but quite enjoyable as you work to reach this goal. Yachad is a worthwhile organization and our runners are enthusiastic about its mission. You will be surprised how friends, family, and co-workers will respond to your effort to run/walk a half or full marathon to help this wonderful cause. Remember, you are not asking people to make donations… you are asking them to sponsor you and support you in your efforts!
7. A family member and I want to run together as a team. Is this an option?
8. If I have a family member who would like to join me in the hotel for the Team Yachad Shabbaton, can they?
Yes. However, Team Yachad cannot guarantee them a room but would request that they pay their own way for hotel stay and meals at cost.
9. How can my sponsors submit payment?
Online contributions can be made by credit card on the runner’s personalized page found on our website www.teamyachad.com.Checks should be pledged online through the runners personalized page and then can be mailed to Team Yachad, 11 Broadway, 13th floor, New York, New York 10004. Please make sure that sponsors write your name and their email address on the check so that we can ensure that you are given credit for the donation.
Team Yachad will send tax exempt receipts to every sponsor.
10. How long is the training period?
Ideally, three months. Many of our runners have done it in less and our coaches will work with you to create a personalized training schedule for you.
11. What happens if I am unable to attend the event once I begin my fundraising?
While you will be sorely missed, and we hope that you would be able to join us next year, the funds that you have raised will be contributed as a general donation to Team Yachad.
12. How do I begin?
Simply register at http://miami.teamyachad.com/register/ and let the fun begin!
- No prior occurrences in the timeframe specified for this event.